Home Remedies for Dry Skin on Face in Winter
Usually, in winters people experience severe dry skin problems. We will teach you Home Remedies for Dry Skin on Face in Winter. We all are aware of the pain and suffering of dry skin issues. Many people spend a lot of money and consume their so much precious time to treat skin-related issues. you do not have to worry because we have compiled a list of Home Remedies for Dry Skin on Face in Winter.
You May Also Like: Best Natural Moisturizer for Extremely Dry Skin
First of all, keep one thing in mind only people with by birth skin issues are not who are facing the pain of dry and itchy skin. However, if you have oily and normal skin you also can develop the dry patches on your skin, especially in winters. This is because in winters we do not sweat and consequently we develop dry and itchy skin. Because less sweating causes the lack of water over your skin which is necessary to keep your skin moist and smooth. So, the shortage of water damages the protective layer of the skin. Consequently, you develop flaky texture and cracks on your skin.
Causes of dry skin
Before going through the Home Remedies for Dry Skin on Face in Winter, you have to know the causes of dry skin in winters. So, lack of water in dry and flaky skin causes the reduction of fatty acids (lipids) in your skin. These lipids are essential to hold the necessary moist and keep your skin smooth and soft. However, prolonged dryness can cause xerosis. Furthermore, there are many other factors responsible for your dry skin which are given as,
- Climate Changes (You may develop dry skin in winters)
- Dry air especially in arid and semi-arid regions
- Lack of humidity
- Heaters because they can reduce humidity in the room
- Hot showers
- Swimming ( Chlorinated Water causes dryness)
- Health conditions like psoriasis, eczema, and dermatitis
- Skincare products excessive use
- Cholesterol, blood pressure, and allergies medicines
There are a lot of methods available for treating skin dryness. However, we are giving some of the Home Remedies for Dry Skin on Face in Winter as below,
1. Almond Oil
Almond oil is considered one of the effective and promising Home Remedies for Dry Skin on Face in Winter. So, use almond oil on your skin in order to get rid of dry and itchy skin. However, you can make a mixture of almond oil and geranium essential oil as well. All you need to do is just mix four tablespoons of sweet almond oil into 2 to 3 drops of geranium essential oil.
You can follow the below-mentioned steps to prepare the mixture,
- Pour almond oil into a sterilized glass bottle.
- Now add geranium essential oil and stir well.
- Use this mixture as a skin moisturizer.
- However, you can use rosehip oil, flaxseed oil, and peppermint oil in place of geranium oil.
You have to apply this moisturizer onto your skin in the night because doing so will cause great relief from the dry and itching skin. Certainly, almond oil is famous for treating dry skin issues for centuries. Furthermore, almond oil improves the skin tone and complexion of your skin. Geranium oil is helpful in treating skin allergies because it is full of antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties.
2. Vitamin E Oil
You can use Vitamin E oil as a remedy to treat the dry and itchy skin in winters. So, use Vitamin E oil regularly on your skin can cause great relief from the irritating and dry skin. You have to follow below-mentioned steps,
- Puncture the vitamin E capsules and pour oil into a bowl.
- Apply this oil on your dry skin and gently rub for a few minutes
- Apply the oil before going to bed.
- Rinse your face in the morning.
- Use this oil on a daily basis.
Furthermore, this oil is helpful in fighting against skin scaling and wrinkles. This oil will clear your skin because it is full of ant-oxidants properties. Furthermore, you can use evening primrose oil capsules for the same purpose as well.
3. Mustard Oil
Mustard oil is another one of the famous and well-accepted Home Remedies for Dry Skin on Face in Winter. So, mustard oil use is recommended for dry skin as a skin moisturizer. All you need to do is given below,
- Take a few drops of mustard oil
- Put these drops on your fingertips
- Rub fingertips to lightly warm the mustard oil
- Apply this oil on your dry skin patches
- Leave the oil on your skin overnight
- Rinse thoroughly in the morning
However, you can use hemp oil, sesame oil, tamanu oil, Keri oil, and jasmine oil in place of mustard oil. Furthermore, you can use this treatment twice a day in order to get better results and speedy recovery. Mustard oil will hydrate your skin because it is full of fats.
Another product widely used for treating dry skin issues is glycerin. Furthermore, you can make a mixture of glycerin and rose water. You have to follow the following steps,
- Take one tablespoon of glycerin
- Mix with one tablespoon of rose water
- Apply the mixture over the dry skin patches
- Let the mixture to sit on your skin for one hour
- Rinse thoroughly with fresh water
- Repeat this remedy once in a day
Vaseline jelly is another natural skin moisturizer with amazing and fast results. You can use the Vaseline for treating the dry skin by following steps,
- Take a small amount of Vaseline jelly and massage for a few minutes on the face skin
- It is better to let the Vaseline to stay over your face overnight
- If you feel irritating you can wash your face after an hour.
So, apply Vaseline once in a day for better results. Vaseline is useful in treating skin dryness because it locks the water and prevents water loss. Furthermore, Vaseline is made of petroleum jelly and will make your skin smooth and shiny.